Thursday, April 12, 2007

Four Times the Fun

It's time again to check up on the Marquez children. Let's see...we did Kaylie, we did Adam...next up is Emily. The first green one, remember? We last saw Emily in her parents' house, getting ready to leave for college. Now she's graduated and it looks like she's found a very close friend...



How's it going, Emily?

Emily: Oh, hey, mysterious voice! Long time no see.

Yeah, I was kind of busy with your brother and sister. Care to introduce us to that man?

Emily: This is my new husband, Corbin.

Corbin....really? Oh, well. Congratulations, guys.

Emily: Um...I don't mean to be rude, but...could we have a little privacy?

Privacy? From the mysterious voice? Ah, ok. I don't want to see this anyway.


Already, Emily?

Emily: Wow, that was fast.

No kidding...



Ok, so I'm seeing one baby in your arms and one in Corbin's...I'm guessing twins?

Emily: Uh-huh.

Seriously, you people need to do some tests...this is just too weird.

Corbin: What are you talking about?

Well, just in case anyone's keeping score, Emily's sister Kaylie had two sets of twins. Her brother had two sets of twins and a set of triplets. And her sister-in-law's sister had two sets of triplets. That's a lot of multiple births for one family

Corbin: Wow, it is.

But anyway, we'll discuss this strange genetic trend later. Your babies are adorable-could you tell me the genders and names for my records?

Emily: Well, the one I'm holding is a little girl, and we've decided to name her Leslie.

Very nice. And the baby Corbin's holding?

Corbin: This is our little boy, we're naming him David.

Leslie and David...welcome to the Alphabet City, guys!



First birthday's are so much fun!! Are you guys excited about the toddler years?

Emily: Yeah, I am. Come on, Leslie. Blow out the candles...

By the way, I find it very cute that you and Leslie match and Corbin and David match.

Corbin: Thanks, I guess...



What a cute little guy you grew into, David! Even if you guys do have more kids than I can keep track of, at least they grow up cute.

Emily: Thanks. You want to see Leslie? She's in her crib right now...

I surely do...



Well hi, there!

Leslie: Hi!

You are just the sweetest thing ever. You look just like your mommy did when she was little.

Corbin: What about me? She's my kid, too!

You're new, buddy. I don't know anything about you except that you're married to Emily.



She is just so sweet. I can't get enough of looking at her...

Corbin: I know...



Birthday time already?

Emily: They grow up so fast.


Oh, you're just as sweet as a child....

Leslie: Thanks...who are you, anyway?

Oh, I'm the mysterious voice. Don't worry, honey. We're going to get along fine.



Oh, I'm glad to see you guys get along.

David: We love the trampoline!!

Well, it's better than having them jump on the couch...

Emily: That's the idea...



Glad to see some skill practice going on. Build up that logic, guys. I have big plans for you two...

Leslie: Really? What?

All in good time, my dears...



Emily, is there something you need to tell me?

Emily: Umm...I think I'm pregnant again.



Emily: Yup, definately pregnant again.

Hey, kids! There's going to be a surprise in a couple minutes...

Leslie: What is it? Is it a new doll?

Kind of...



Leslie, meet your new baby...um, Emily?

Emily: Sister. Mysterious voice, meet Sydney.

Hi there, Sydney. There's only one of her, right?

Emily: Yeah.

Good.

Leslie: And guess what?

What, Leslie?

Leslie: Me and David are growing up tonight!!

Really? Already?


Wow, I guess so. But we're going to have to have a talk about that shirt. I don't want my sweet little Leslie dressing like that...


See? Take a lesson from your brother. How's it going, David?

David: Ok.


And who's this little lady?

Emily: This is Sydney. She grew up too.

Hi, Sydney. Do you know who I am?

Sydney: Uh-huh...

You do? Who am I?

Sydney:...Voice!

Eh, close enough.



She can climb out of her crib already?

Emily: One of the drawbacks of teaching her to walk.



You're such a good big sister, Leslie. Sydney's lucky to have you.

Leslie: Thanks!

And I'm glad to see you've changed your clothes.


Wow, you sure grew up fast.

Sydney: Yeah, you wanna see what I can do?

Sure...



Wow...you're quite the little gymnast there.


Sydney: And Leslie's teaching me to dance, too!

She sure is a bundle of energy.

Corbin: We've noticed.



Emily, something tells me this isn't food poisoning...

Emily: How could you tell?

Because you haven't eaten any spoiled food.



That's right, Sydney. You build up those skills too!

Sydney: I beat Daddy!!

Wow, energetic and smart!



Emily: Owww....

What's wrong, Emily?

Emily:.....baby.....coming.....now.....pain

Ahhh....got it.




And this is?

Emily: Melissa.

Another girl! Congratulations.



Say hi to your new sister, Sydney!

Sydney: Hi, baby!

Emily: There's been some other new additions to the family.

What? There's only one baby, I checked!



Emily: No, I meant our new kitten Bubbles...

Aww...



Emily: And our new puppy, Shrek.

Both? What, you couldn't make up your mind?

Emily: They were both so cute...



Aww, look at that. Sydney's got a boyfriend.

Sydney: No, I don't! This is just my friend Seth Warner.

Seth Warner, huh? Well, we'll see about that...

Sydney: What?

Never mind.



Look at Leslie helping with the birthday.

Leslie: Isn't she cute?

She'll be even cuter once I get her in front of a mirror...



See? Look how cute that is. Hey, let's get Leslie in on this...



Ok, the black hoodie doesn't really match, but still cute.



And it looks like we took that picture just in time, because it looks like our twins are leaving for college.

Emily: I'm going to miss them so much...

It's ok, Emily. I'll keep you posted. I see all, remember?



Oh, it looks like our last toddler is growing up.



How does it feel to be a big girl, Melissa?

Melissa: Great...can I get a bed now?

Yeah. Actually, since Leslie and David moved out you guys can have your own rooms.

How do you like you're new bed?

Melissa: It's really bouncy!

Did I say bed? I meant trampoline.



Is this Bubbles?

Emily: He's getting big too, isn't he?




So it's Melissa's first day of school. Giving her pointers, Syd?

Sydney: Sure...let's go with that.

.....Alrighty, then.



That's right, you girls just build up that logic skill.

Sydney: Why do we always have to work on skills? I have 6 logic points already.

You'll thank me someday.



Sydney: I feel kind of funny...



What a beautiful young women.

Sydney: Thanks, mysterious voice. So what happens now?

Well, you get to go to college.



Well, with Sydney off to college I think the time has come for me to move on. But don't worry. I'll be back to check up on you, Melissa. Just keep building those skills.

Melissa: But why?

All in good time, just trust the mysterious voice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home