Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Family Affair

Now that we've learned all about Heather's kids, I guess it's time to learn about Riley's family. But instead of just having Riley narrate, I thought it would be interesting if we had the family do it for her. Hi, guys!

Rachel: Hi, strange disembodied voice!

Audrey: What's up?

Kelsie: Hi, everyone!

Thanks for doing this, girls. I know you all have your own families to attend to...

Umm...I don't think they know about them yet.

Oh, right. Well, anyway, I'll let you guys get to it.

Ok, where should we begin...I have some notes from Mom here...Oh, her wedding day.

Her and Dad married right out of college, right?

Yeah. They couldn't even afford a decent photographer. But I don't think they really cared. Mom always said that she spent that day feeling like she was floating.


Hey Rach, I think I found the picture that would explain that. Take a look at this...


Wow, no wonder Mom wouldn't let us look through her wedding album when we were kids.

Yeah, perhaps it's best we move on. Anyway Mom and Dad's honeymoon was short, and soon after they got back...


You decided to come along and ruin their fun, Rachel!

Hey!


Wow, that looks painful. I'm kind of glad both my kids are adopted.

Audrey, shhh! They don't know about our kids yet. Save it for your own blog!

Hey wait a minute! I was born on the front lawn? In front of some strange man?

Well, you were the first baby. They probably weren't as good at predicting Mom's due dates yet.

But still, it's...weird.

Aww, look how cute I was!!!

You know, I've seen baby pictures of all of us and I think we look pretty much the same Rachel.

You're just jealous because you're the baby and don't get to talk about yourself yet. Moving on...

My first birthday. Mom and Dad look so happy.

You look asleep.

I was a baby. It's not like I had to do anything.

Well, I'll give you this. You always knew how to work a camera.

Thanks, Kelsie.

Oh, there I am with Grandpa!

He doesn't seem to pleased.

Maybe she puked on him or something.

How dare you puke on Grandpa, Rachel?

Moving on...

Awww.

Why must we put this in here?

Oh, relax Rachel. Look, Mom's pregnant in this picture. That means that soon it will be time for embarassing pictures of me!

Oh, whatever.

It always looks so weird to see pictures of us growing up.

Yeah, you look like you're in pain.

I think this is my favorite picture in our album.

Why?

Because in this picture I can walk, I'm not naked, and I'm still an only child.

Yeah, but not for long, Rach!

I still can't believe they made me share my room with you. Audrey got her own room.

Rachel, we haven't gotten to Audrey yet. Let's tell the story in order, shall we?

Fine. But I'm still mad about my room.

Rach, you have an entire house now.

Shut up.

Can't I have any pictures of just me? Why are you in every single one?

Because I am the firstborn and therefore present at ever major milestone of your life, like it or not.

How do you think I feel, Kelsie?

There, that's much better.

Can we move this along? I'm getting bored over here.

Ok Kelsie, we get it. You were very cute as a toddler.

Hey! You had three pictures of you...

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

But I'm in this one too!!! Look behind Mom!

Rachel, seriously, how did you do this? I'm not in this many of Audrey's pictures!

Which we would know if we would ever GET to Audrey's pictures.

Ha! You're not in this one!

Of course not. I was always allergic to those stupid flowers. You knew that, didn't you? You planned to have your picture taken in the flowers...

Oh, for the love of...

Sure, all of your pictures only have you in them...

I'm the master. I know.

Was I even there?

I don't know, actually.

So studious...

Yeah, right. Look at the cover of the book.

Rachel?!

Oh, yeah like you guys didn't read that one too.

Ha ha ha!!!

Why are you laughing? I'm injured!

Oh, look. Mom's in her pink pajamas! You know what that means!!!


Little Audrey's coming!!!

It's about time!

Why did Dad feel the need to document Mom's pain?

And after a long, long wait, I finally enter the family!!

What's up with Dad's outfit?

He had just been promoted at work.

To what? A superhero?

Actually...

And may I point out that I am in this picture and you, Kelsie, are not.

Oh, never mind! Look how cute I was!

You do look the most like Mom.


It's definately the braids. You ever planning on changing those?

Are you ever planning on changing your hair?

No.

Then neither am I.

And look whose birthday it is!

Ha! Two pictures of me in a row and no Rachel!

Make it three!

You're becoming obsessed, Kelsie.

I don't care!

Oh, yeah! You were the first one to drive, weren't you?

That's right. And make it four pictures.

Aw, the last baby grows up.

You were always the little singer, Audrey. Not a very good one, but...

Hey, isn't that my old shirt? What did you do, raid my closet after I went to college?

Um...

The house was really quiet after you guys left.

Well, it looks like you kept things alive and kicking.

I try, I try.

This picture makes me sad.

Why, because I'm all alone on my birthday?

No. Because I am not in it.



And I'm a teenager!

And I think we're done.

Yeah, nothing much happens after this.

I went to college too...

Well thanks for providing that...insightful commentary, girls.

No problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home